Punjab Information & Communication Technology Corporation (Punjab Infotech) is a Punjab Government Undertaking under the
administrative control of Department of Industries and Commerce, GoP, that has been successfully spearheading the software
training revolution through a strong network of CAL-C Centers’ in Punjab since 1988.Punjab Infotech, is the premier agency of the
Punjab state government in facilitating establishment of IT and IT enabled service’s (ITeS) industry in Punjab, and training human
resources for these industries. After the success in software skill set, CAL-C took a step further in the field of Advanced Hardware
& Networking in 2003. CAL-C has an extensive network of franchise centres’ in the region to provide quality computer training
vis-à-vis industry requirement. At Present it has a network of over 100 centers in Punjab, Himachal.
Board of Directors @CAL-C
1. The Principal Secretary, Industries & Commerce -Director
2. The Principal Secretary, Information Technology-Director
3. The Principal Secretary, Finance -Director
4. The Secretary, Science, Technology & Environment – Director
5. The Director of Industries & Commerce ,Punjab-Director
6. Nominee of the Depar tment of Information Technology, Govt. of India,-Director
7. Managing Director, Punjab Infotech,-Director
Demand of IT Professionals
Information Technology has the potential to absorb 5.34 million people by 2017-2018.Where as in Punjab demand for IT Professionals will increase to 19 lac by 2017-18. Information technology will be a great economic booster as export revenue estimate of India will increase to 270337.17 USD Million by 2017-2018 and in Punjab export revenue of 2009-2010 is 103.22 USD Million.Estimated export revenue of Punjab IT sector will be 4595.73 USD Million by 2017-2018.Above statistics clearly shows that future of IT and Knowledge industry is huge, there is a great gap in demand and supply of IT professional in India.
Key Features @ CAL-C
1. CAL-C is a division of Punjab Information & Communication Technology Corporation Limited (A State Government Undertaking) established in 1988.
2. CAL-C had trained more than 75,000 students since its establishment.
3. CAL-C network spreads over 100 centers in Punjab and Himachal.
4. Courses offered by CAL-C are recognized by universities like P T U ,Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar,Karnataka State Open University;Mysore, Sikkim & Manipal University;
Recognition by Department of Employment Generation and training for registering with employment exchange.
5. Certification of PGDCA at CAL-C centres will be carried out by Punjab State Technical Education Board. (PSBTE)
6. CAL-C offers industry oriented curriculum with the modern educational techniques like computer based tutorials, use of LCD
projectors in classrooms, internet access in the Centres and use of multimedia presentations in class rooms.
7. CAL-C offers both hardware and software courses, it also offers special programs for communication and soft skills which
enables the students to practices the skills facilities during the course.
8. Courses offered are job oriented and of latest technology.
9. Classes are conducted for 3-4 hrs pattern, 900+ Hrs of study annually as per course requirements.
10. Study Material provided by CAL-C is of international standard. Cost of study material is included in the course fee.